Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What We Carry

At time of the precious, ripe fruit
A white taste divine
Found the boy from the wiseman
Two strings attached in time

For the abundant message had befallen
Amongst deaf ears of late
Where once it greatly astonished
And all the same bred hate

The first string from passed men
Of those who spoke it clear
The other from heavenly wind
A pearl for those who fear

And yet strings become detachment
As lost upon deaf ears
If a generation in ignorance
Those who lis't not the seers

Such permission to carry this message
Made to me by the higher hand
And Magnificence carried me forth
To hold my place and stand

Why my brothers would not lis't
A treasure with all its bliss?
More valuable to them than world
Into me... snickers, and slams, and hiss.

If the wisemen had not hearkened
Where would wisdom be?
If faithful men are void,
Then wisdom must surely flee.

1 comment: